Monday, September 22, 2014

Lessons Old And New

Proverbs 19:20-21
Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end. There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the Lord, that shall stand.


Psalm 27:13-14
“I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.”

Over the years I have sought the Lord and asked his help in sorting out my memories and guiding me into a right way to view events of the past. And I'm thankful that I found a few to walk with who were also seeking the fullness of Him. With God's help and the help of others he sent I learned early that true godly wisdom is needed to live in the power, love and sound mind of Christ. I began to see that we are to learn to ask, seek and knock relentlessly in order to get aligned with the heart of God. We are to learn to view both the past and the present as he sees it. His desire is that as we walk through life with him we will experience deep healings to the heart and soul. Jesus is the good shepherd who restores our souls and He alone sees the wounds that were caused by past lifestyles and hurtful relationships. Speaking for myself I know that over many years there was a loss of trust in the authority figures in life and I lived with deep soul wounds. And I caused pain to others and those guilt feelings that were deeply buried lingered and came back to trouble me. . 

These old seasons of life can be very painful to think about. There is a deep desire to want to escape from all thought of the old. But there's wonderful good news! There is a healing savior who knows how to apply the healing balm of Gilead. His work in us is to draw us nearer so that all the heart and life is open to whatever he needs to do.    
The truth is that until we have allowed the fullness of God's work in us we will always carry those seeds of heart woundings and disrespect for authority. Our reactions to all that goes on around us comes from what is rooted in our hearts. As the storms grow stronger and more frequent we see things surface that we didn't realize were there. We have to surrender to his processes because we need a deep all the way to the roots work. I had a thought about a "root canal", a dental procedure, The sickness of the tooth and the resulting pain goes so deep that nothing except surgery to the root will heal it. Think of our heart infections and trauma in a similiar way. The healing balm of the pure word of God through Holy Spirit anointing acts like a laser beam doing deep surgeries.

In God's word we're taught to "Think not on former things, for I will do new thing."

Now, as we submit to his purging processes He will give skills to use our past mistakes as altars to his greatness and as lessons for others. I've heard it said that he wastes nothing and I know it's true. He is able to bring beauty out of the ashes of the past. He is able to give us new perspectives and to cause us to see the wonders we enjoyed in our past life even through it was lived in the midst of darkness. He is able to fill us with the joy of living in the right now blessing with him as we move along on our journey home. The rewards makes the price of our fully sacrificed life well worth it.


Father, I ask that you touch hearts and bring change in deep and eternal ways..

I hope what I've shared here will enlighten and encourage you to ask the Father for any wisdom you might be needing to bring healing. It's so good to soar into new places with Him free of the hurt.