Saturday, October 11, 2014

Seeking The Lost Sheep

Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent." Luke 15:4-7

This blog is about a call and some personal experience in learning obedience. The scripture about leaving the crowd and following Jesus out to a place apart for the purpose of the salvation of one has been a large part of my ministry thus far. I was asked by the Lord to leave some good things to do some better things and I obeyed. He called me aside from the churches I was involved with and told me to work with him for my unsaved husbands welfare and salvation. It's a long story that few can understand or accept, religious people especially. Although it was very unusual I have no doubt that it was a true call. That mission took several years and it produced wonderful fruit. Then after my husband died I set out with the Lord on the next phase of my journey. I made some wonderful new friends and set out to learn how to surrender to God's will for the rest of my life. He has used me in the interim to do a few things on the web and in my family, but the heart search for the depths of him is my priority. That search is still ongoing, and I keep seeing that I am too easily distracted from it. The important thing is to always know his voice and to go where he calls us to go. There is a joy in the journey with him.

So I'm seeking and searching and that scripture from Luke is speaking to me again. I'm taking some time to draw closer and dig deeper into my relationship with the Lord and it's so rewarding..I've often heard about how we need to let God out of the box we've put him into..and I'm inviting him to look into my life and beliefs and do that very thing.

I want to be sure I hear all he is saying to me in this hour. We are in a season in time that is calling for us to be pure and flowing with him in his times and seasons. He said if we do not seek to be prepared for these times we will not make it through in true faith.

And I encourage you to ask him to make you a person after his own heart also and allow him to do whatever it takes to fulfill all of his good pleasure in your life.

 Jude 1:20
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and I hope to respond to all which are relevant to the posted message.