Saturday, November 7, 2015

When Prayer Is The Only Way

Mothers and fathers and families are on my heart more lately. I know by experience that the fiery trials that families walk through can be sad and disheartening. If we haven't been blessed over a lifetime with the hope of Christ and the many crisis situations that life brings these things will take their toll on hearts. All looks hopeless and peaceful resolution is impossible when one has little or no faith in the promises of God. We just have to take life as it comes and hope for the best.

The truth od the matter is that we are without God knowledge which is able to rescue us from our poor choices, personality clashes, division and divorce woes and woundings. Children suffer and parents are helpless and stressed. Emotional damage from such conflicts run through hearts and lives like a ripple effect. This is sad truth, but it's true to life for very, very many. When I know someone who doesn't know Jesus who is suffering from these life afflictions, I pray fervently. I'm aware that some might say "Prayer is not enough, you should do more." I would answer that with..if you seek the Lord and he graces you to do more, by all means, do it. Share your testimony with all who will listen and ask and trust that it will speak to hearts. But if you have no real solution in your hands to help the hurting, know that God is all powerful, all knowing and he accomplishes what the help of man never could imagine. I'm praying now for all I know who are battling family troubles of any kind. I've personally experienced the power of prayer and I know that a man or woman who is engaged in building themselves up in their most holy faith is wise. And their faith is designed to be for the good of very many.

I'm asking God for healings; strength to hearts, new perspectives and changed lives.

Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and I hope to respond to all which are relevant to the posted message.