Thursday, November 13, 2014

Godliness With Contentment

Godliness with contentment is great gain. 1 Timothy 6:6

This word is one that has been a constant in my walk with the Lord for quite a long while. And I can say that I've found it! However, don't misunderstand, that doesn't mean that I've been totally content in every circumstance I live in. It means that I've made the search for true godliness my life goal. I'm convinced that this the way to the unsearchable riches of Christ.

But truthfully, I did discover along the way that the process could be both gloriously beautiful while also deeply painful. It's been a long process but I'm making good progress. This is not to boast in my strengths but in His. The road I've traveled on my journey has been bumpy. I found so much I liked and enjoyed for a season and then suddenly they were gone. I had to learn to overcome fear of beginning again after what looked so much like defeat. I learned to adapt to the loss of houses, friendships, finances, ministry resources, and losses to death. I experienced times when what had been given was taken away and all my current dreams crashed to the ground. I had watched this process in many ministers that I had listened to and learned from and now I was in the middle of it. What I had heard became reality to me. I knew it was the kingdom within way and then I discovered that godliness was a lot different than I had thought. I discovered it was a matter of the heart and that it took a good fight to keep it. I found out that Satan endeavors to make us his instruments and that our open heart and mind is his access. And that we have to seek to learn how to delight in the good fight. The mind of Christ has to rule us.

As I pressed in I saw hard times of tears and silent heart searches through all of the 'Why's' and "Wherefore's' of my losses and my messes. Then finally, times of the joy of discovering that all was not lost after all. I still had my comforter. My counselor still led me through with wisdom and grace to re-adust and gather new dreams together. This is a broad overview that doesn't truly reveal the grit and sweat of the trials. It's just a report that through my pain processes I found a new and deeper contentment that I had ever had before and life finally got good again. And I grew and learned a lot through it all. I learned that whatever he gives, he is great enough to keep and comfort us if the time comes that he takes it away. I learned that his love is greater than any pain or loss. Every difficult season taught me more about our Father's mercy and greatness over all things pertaining to life and godliness. Every lesson learned through fiery trials has brought me a new measure of peace and contentment. Each new crisis drove me closer to my source and as I kept running to him I learned over an extended period of time that the real presence of Jesus and His living word in my life is the only thing that brings true satisfaction. It brought me to place in which nothing could interfere with my search for Him. Now I am free. My expectations are set in his heart and He is my contentment. Now He is my home and what he wants me to have is what I want.

Gal 5:
16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are contrary the one to the other; that ye may not do the things that ye would. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 meekness, self-control; against such there is no law. 24 And they that are of Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with the passions and the lusts thereof.

All of the pain and trials have been a lesson and a guide to the cure of all hurts and the solution to all problems. The lover of our souls and the healer of our hearts is our great reward!

"When the seasons change and the unknown waits quietly up ahead, I remind myself of the truth. The Lord is with me. He is my Protector I am not alone. I don't have to be afraid."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and I hope to respond to all which are relevant to the posted message.